Friday, May 19, 2017

HE IS THE "JEHOVAH OVERDO!"



In my new book coming out this month, I shared the story of how GOD IS NOT JUST ABLE TO GRANT YOUR HEART DESIRE, BUT WILL GRANT IT BEYOND YOUR WIDEST REQUEST. Let me share part of the story with you.

Several years ago during my second year in College, a preacher came to minister in my fellowship and his message was on worship and revival. While he was preaching, he sang a song, "I see the Lord, I see the Lord, He is high and lifted up and His trail fills the temple..." As he was singing, he lifted up his hands and his eyes to the heavens. During that worship, I saw passion; I saw pure worship and hunger for the King. Few months before then I gave my heart to Jesus to follow Him “livingly and lovingly” and here is a preacher worshiping Him like I would love to. Right then, there was this strange desire to meet this preacher and to know more about worship. I kept the notes of his message that day (and I still have them till today). But I could not locate him after that service until almost a year later that he was invited to come speak during our “Send Forth” event from the school. 

Still I could not connect with him, but there was this sincere longing to know more about worship from him. Years went by from that day in 1995 and I never saw him again or hear about him. Guess what happened? 
In 2004, I relocated to the United States by divine orchestration and few years later I saw the same man face to face invited to my church to minister. I said, “God, this can never be true. This is not the same preacher I saw at the Polytechnic Ibadan more than a decade ago”. Then I checked the name again and ask my wife a ridiculous question, “Don’t you think that name sounds familiar?” She said, “I think so”. Then I called my friend in Nigeria, “Do you know anything about the whereabouts of this preacher since he came to our fellowship?” He said, “I was told he now lives in South Africa”..

Out of curiosity, I wanted to meet him and introduce myself to him and confirm if he was really the same person that came to my school years back. Guess what? The Holy Spirit restrained me from taking that step at that particular time for reasons known to God alone. Eventually, God connected us mysteriously and still the Spirit of God will not let me mention the places and circumstances that had brought us together years ago. 
Why am I sharing this story which I have never shared on social media before or in a book? I sense in my heart that someone reading this book is about to experience a supernatural answer to your request. God is about to reveal to you that He is “Jehovah overdo”! He is about to show you that if I answer your heart desire based on how small it is, then I will be "reduced" to your level. But I am the God who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly and above your widest imaginations! 

You don’t believe that is possible? Ask Jacob in the Bible. Even though he was told that Joseph had been killed by forest beast, I believe there was still a deep seated desire in his heart to see this child alive (even though the Bible did not say that). You all know the story. Jacob would have been super satisfied to find out that his son was alive. But for Joseph to be alive, and be highly placed in a foreign land (which is like the most powerful nation at that time), that was “Jehovah overdo” in action! Not only did Jacob witnessed his son’s royalty and enjoyed the benefits of the same, he lived to see his grandchildren before he died. What a mighty God we serve!


Back to my own story. 
For me to be able to meet that preacher again in the USA after that worship experience at my fellowship would have been enough that God answered my desire, even though I already forgot about it. But few years later without any manipulation whatsoever, God made it possible for me not to only meet, talk and listen to His servant, Bishop Anthony Osuobeni, but be connected with his family and ministry, and also become partner in kingdom assignment. 

Let me end the story with that Scripture (Ephesians 3:20) again and I will share it in different translations for someone to really believe God for the manifestation of His power through the Holy Spirit working in your life. 

“Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us” (KJV).

“Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us” (AMP).

“Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]–“ (AMPC). 

“To him who by means of his power working in us is able to do so much more than we can ever ask for, or even think of” (GNB).
“Glory to God, who is able to do far beyond all that we could ask or imagine by his power at work within us” (CEB)

“Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think” (NLT).

Don’t forget, no matter what you are going through, YOU ARE EXPECTED TO WIN.

On behalf of my Essence of Joy – Oludolapo-Precious and my graceful kids – Blessing, Faith and Isaac, I am saying you are blessed and highly graced. 

Love you.
In His ever Increasing Love,
Samson King,
To get a copy of my books, click on the links below:

No comments:

Post a Comment